}

Friday, September 17, 2010

Grilled Tilapia w/ Fresh (sort of) Mango Salsa

This recipe is really really good, even if you aren't a big fan of seafood. Tilapia is not a very "fishy" tasting fish. I'm not real fond of seafood, but I am in LOVE with Tilapia. This is another healthy recipe, being as their is only 295 calories per serving, which makes it even better. Perfect for a hot night dinner when you need to cook on the grill, but also really good if you just cook the fish on your stove top in a skillet. I unfortunately got so excited about eating the fish that I forgot to take pictures, so next time I make it I will work on updating that.

Grilled Tilapia w/ Fresh Mango Salsa
(serves 4)
 2 C diced Tomatoes (fresh)
1 1/2 C diced Mango 
1/2 C diced Red Onion
1/2 C chopped Cilantro
1/4 C Lime Juice
1 TBL Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
minced Garlic
4 Tilapia Fillets
2 TBL Olive Oil

Prepare your grill (or skillet, however you choose)
Salsa: In a bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. This is where I say sort of Fresh because I'm not keen on peeling and pitting fresh Mangos, so I buy the frozen cubed Mango and thaw it, then dice it and the salsa still tastes great, but if you are an overachiever, go ahead and use fresh :)

Fish: Rub fish with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Wrap in tin foil and cook on grill until the fish flakes easily and is no longer clear. ( I cooked mine for about 8 minutes, flipping the fish about halfway through). Serve with Salsa. 

Warning: Don't be scared off of the salsa when you first try it, you must eat it with the fish. I wasn't as keen on the salsa at first because it is a little tart, but it balances out the fish soooo nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment