}

Friday, September 17, 2010

Pulled Pork Sammies and Cucumber Salad

Who doesn't love a pulled pork sammie? And even better this recipe is cooked in a slow cooker. For anyone who hasn't used a slow cooker, it can seem kinda intimidating, but it is so so easy. I love cooking things in the slow cooker on Tuesdays, because we have Scouts in the evening until 6:30, so when I get home, dinner is pretty much done. My hubby could eat this stuff EVERYDAY he LOVES it so much!! I made mine with Pork Tenderloin, because I had it on hand, but making it with Pork Loin is just as good and cheaper. I also used whole wheat buns, because we are trying to be a little healthier, but they are so good with Smith's fresh made hamburger/sammie buns. Oh man!! The Cucumber Salad is one of my absolute favorites, and it is so good this time of year when we have FRESH cucumbers from our garden. Unfortunately we don't have fresh tomatoes from our garden, but crossing our fingers, maybe next year :)


Pulled Pork Sammies
2 1/2 lbs Pork Loin Roast
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic posder
2 TBL dried, minced Onion
1/4 tsp Cumin

Put all ingredients in crock pot, and cook for at least 4 hours on high, or all day on low. Shred before serving.

You could also serve this in tortillas as burritos, so so good.
This recipe makes quite a bit of meat if there isn't very many in your house, but I always freeze half and it makes for a very easy meal later the next week when I can just reheat. MM MM good.

Cucumber Salad
I don't actually know the measurements for everything, because if I'm really hungry I do alot, and if I am not I don't do as much. It's really all just to taste.

Cucumber, cubed
Tomatoe, Cubed
Red Onion, Sliced
Olive Oil
Red Whine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
After cutting the veggies, I add the oil and vinegar to taste, then salt and pepper to taste. Trust me, it's sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment